Friday, July 11

TGIF!

TGIF! So happy... it is finally weekend and I can get to spend some quality time with my little boy, Ashton! Looking forward to it... Ever since I started work, I realize I did not have much time for him. Feeling rather guilty as a mother. :( But no choice, that is life, I guess.

Unless I resigned and stayed at home to take care of him full-time. But then again, that will never happen. Tough! Especially, in a country where all the necessities are getting pricier. There is a need to earn the additional income to tide it off in event of emergency. That is how reality is, I guess.

It is really a sad thing when society progresses, children lose joy of being able to enjoy the kind of close bonding between mother and child as shortly after they were born, their mothers have to go back to work.

Was reading an article this morning where the Singapore government is thinking of modelling the Swedish government who provide full subsidies for childcare so as to encourage their citizens to give birth and also to give the baby's father extra leave off work to accompany their wife to give birth. Well, if that really happens here, I might think of having another child to play with Ashton. If not, I think it is tough to cope with just one.

GG is down with flu. So, she just went home to rest after having lunch with JK and me at a Chinese restaurant opp. Prima Taste in Centrepoint. Had century egg lean pork porridge and it tasted good but quite salty!

Yippe, got to know that we are not going to move to PruCity (Mountbatten) in the meantime (at least for another 2 years when the lease in SatrHub is up) as there is violent objection from the agency leaders pertaining to the image of Prudential being too close to the red light district if the move materializes.

After lunch, I went to shop shop around Centrepoint and got myself a short black cardigan from Dano. Like it as it seem quite versatile, can look casual as well as formal, depending on what you match it with.

Just taking some time off to blog after lunch before starting to embark on my work again.

No comments: